• Guest, please be noted that suggestions may not receive an official reply until the project state allows us consider them. For the majority of suggestions, this means after an alpha launch.

Accepted Radiation (Not Fallout)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perotin

Duke
Hellooooo!

Before you scream, "NO! NOT ANOTHER RADIATION GAME!" Let me say this...

Radiation should not be a centerpiece/focus of Dyescape at all.

However, my suggestion is this:

Have minor 'radiation zones' where players need to have lead / anti-radiation gear to enter. There are numerous ways you can achieve this; perhaps a quest early on, where you acquire a piece of lead as a small detail, but this later comes in hand down the road to craft lead gear to explore those zones. You can even go pretty crazy with this, since after all, this is a mythical game. For example, there could be certain trees that produce leaves that have radiation-resistant properties.

It would be a nice, small, but QOL detail that would make the realm of Dyescape so much more intricacy and depth to the world (maybe radiation-induced bosses?! just kidding, but maybe o_O)

Perotin

Duke
Just adding on, you could use radiation in tons of various ways as well depending on how far you want to go with it, also, when I say 'radiation', I basically mean any form of repellent/restriction to an area that a player must do something beforehand to enter.

You can make it toxic gas, poison, fog, etc. It's a good way to give new players a 'hook' of what is to come by showing them a said radiation zone, and also imposing a game restriction of not allowing them to enter a place without simply saying, "You cannot enter here!"

Escad_

Wiki Team
Duke
I like the idea of a sort of mushroom-infested forest. Say the fungus population in a certain forest is a bit too dense, and the spores they release are hazardous. Mooshrooms would fit in well as infected cows.

KabbyDankGod

Wiki Team
Wiki Team
Baron
Time for Kabby's not so tall wall of text.

I generally like this idea, though as you said radiation might not be the best explanation. I do like Escad's idea about a fungus forest that releases spores. This could also be a timed event that happens maybe once a week? This could tie in nicely with the weather/seasons system we talked a while about! Maybe every fall the spores are released?

I was also thinking maybe you could have like Mana fallout? What if a catastrophic battle was fought there in the second age of Eturia and so much mana was dished out that there is still remains of it in the air. This would make for a nice story to add to the expanding lore. The mana would be in such a large quantity it would physically harm those without protection.

MrDienns

Lead Developer & Technology Manager
Manager
Developer
Yeah, radiation is definitely not the correct word for it, and I prefer @KabbyDankGod's idea. I'm not into the lore, but some kind of Mana overload or disturbance could perhaps be created. It could act as radiation. Leaving that up to the content team though.

TheJayZ

Duke
Duke
Yeah, radiation is definitely not the correct word for it, and I prefer @KabbyDankGod's idea. I'm not into the lore, but some kind of Mana overload or disturbance could perhaps be created. It could act as radiation. Leaving that up to the content team though.
If there would be something called mana/font control and if you go into that specific area with a low control skill for it that would be quite cool. It could be a new suggestion if there isn't anything like that.

Going off of what Krabby and JayZ.... yeah, its sort of like the area in the Avatar, the sacred Tree of Voices, where the colonizer's instruments are interrupted.... The Disturbance.

Aekalix

Frontend & Content Manager
Manager
I like it.

Will probably not be used but until after alpha but I'm approving this anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.