• Guest, please be noted that suggestions may not receive an official reply until the project state allows us consider them. For the majority of suggestions, this means after an alpha launch.

Rejected Continental Railroa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings Dyescape, I hope you all are doing well. I am very excited for this upcoming alpha server and am hoping that you all feel the same.

I love constructing fun ways to travel on Minecraft, especially making railroads and train stations. I was wondering if we could have a steampunk style rail system that goes all across the map. I have built something like this before and would love to make it for the server.

- Volancius the First2019-11-30_20.25.45.png

First, I must say greetings.

Anyways, I honestly doubt this will become a reality. Not to put you down or anything, but this is a medieval server. People did not use things like trains or public transport back then. The idea is nice, but it's just a bit too advanced for a medieval/feudal civilization.

But the base idea is good! Maybe instead of a steampunk train system, a magical portal nexus accessible only from certain points in the world in constant magical flux.

Also, I got here first, Kabby. IN YOUR FACE.

Aekalix

Frontend & Content Manager
Manager
First, I must say greetings.

Anyways, I honestly doubt this will become a reality. Not to put you down or anything, but this is a medieval server. People did not use things like trains or public transport back then. The idea is nice, but it's just a bit too advanced for a medieval/feudal civilization.

But the base idea is good! Maybe instead of a steampunk train system, a magical portal nexus accessible only from certain points in the world in constant magical flux.

Also, I got here first, Kabby. IN YOUR FACE.
You're going to be in for a massive surprise.

KabbyDankGod

Wiki Team
Wiki Team
Baron
First of all, this post was made at 4 am my time and you posted your reply at 9:25 am when I was still asleep.

Anyways, railroads might be cool for a certain zone, but I think it would feel a bit off if it was around the entire world. Maybe the zone could feature goblins or gnomes who are very advanced in tech compared to others. Having factories, railroads, zeppelins and other steampunky things would be cool.

Anyways, for quick travel, I think either beacon that teleports you with magic or some sort of flight paths would be preferable.

First of all, this post was made at 4 am my time and you posted your reply at 9:25 am when I was still asleep.

Anyways, railroads might be cool for a certain zone, but I think it would feel a bit off if it was around the entire world. Maybe the zone could feature goblins or gnomes who are very advanced in tech compared to others. Having factories, railroads, zeppelins and other steampunky things would be cool.

Anyways, for quick travel, I think either beacon that teleports you with magic or some sort of flight paths would be preferable.

If my suggeston is viable, I would love to build it for the server. That image I attached is the inside of a dwarven railroad I built on another server. I would be more than willing to make it on Dyescape.

- Volancius the First

I think a cart system would be a very interesting, more suitable mode of travel for Dyescape's lore (that is assuming there's not a better plan in the works :) ). I assume with the OP's idea, the train would be an automated form of transportation between two locations with set stations. With this spin, a horse would carry a cart with you and your items from one cart depot to the next (town 1 to town 2 with applicable buildings) in a quicker fashion than walking. Users would have to "rent" the horse and cart for a certain fee, thus in a way balancing out the reduction in walk time. Could also add "ambushes" to make it even more interesting, a somewhat rare event that a bunch of looters, or mobs, quickly surround the player and cart, forcing the player to fight and win for their journey to continue.

Aekalix

Frontend & Content Manager
Manager
This suggestion has been denied. Fast travel will be tackled differently.

Status
Not open for further replies.