• Guest, please be noted that suggestions may not receive an official reply until the project state allows us consider them. For the majority of suggestions, this means after an alpha launch.

Achievement based skills

Now, this was an idea that came to me a few days of beforehand, but I never got around to putting it into text;

Achievement based skills and spells. Now, this might sound weird, but think about it! It works exactly how both wizard's and mages are presented in fantasy, through study and world experience.

Think about both the rp and mechanical potential this has, where your in game activities directly effect the kind of person you become. Just finished a quest to join a small cult? Gain the spell of ______'s Wrath! Finish a quest for the adventure guild where you scout the forest for them? Gain a skill to track specific mob types. Complete a quest for the merchants guild? Gain the ability to sell items for 0.5% more yo Npcs.

You become better at your role in the mmoRPg by gaining genuine experience throughout the world. Whilst you should gain some things through level up, the addition of quest based powers mean that the best of each individual class will be the BEST because they have the raw experience.

No man is born a general.
No man is born a archmage.
No man is born a assassin.
No man is born a merchant.
Every man is born with potential, but you need to experience a lifetime of study and training to truly become something.

This system not only supports slow advancement where the more experienced person is strongest and not the one with the best connections. It also allows the player to move into multiple classes through effort, and isn't locked into one build from the start. It provides a huge expanse of builds available to the players with not much effort on the skill skill side of things, as the total amount can be reduced due to the time spent to the non-grind based time needed to invest in them.

KabbyDankGod

Wiki Team
Wiki Team
Baron
Just quickly read over this but the restriction of having only 10 skills slots is gonna hurt this suggestion, will be actually reading over and making a wall of text when I'm on my PC

It's more meant to be access to skills, not actual permanently taking up the slots haha
Just quickly read over this but the restriction of having only 10 skills slots is gonna hurt this suggestion, will be actually reading over and making a wall of text when I'm on my PC

KabbyDankGod

Wiki Team
Wiki Team
Baron
After re-reading this and reading it more thoroughly, there are two things that are most like gonna happen.
Either this would become a great feature making this a very in-depth server with everyone being able to create their own character giving near-limitless options on character or the more likely

- This becomes a balancing nightmare mixed with unwanted interactions and people find tons of exploits and ruin the servers economy balance and difficulty. They find some combination of skills that let them skip intended parts of the game.

Though overall I think this is a good idea but this could honestly just become a massive nightmare of a system and is way out of the scope currently.

There are a few things to fix this. Either make these kinds of skills very limited, maybe a maximum of three skills are able to be got or maybe there is a limit on how many you can equip at a time, IDK.

I've already talked a bit about how you could prevent from peoples builds being generally the same.
Here are were my suggestions:
- Generally more skills per branch
- You're allowed to use skills from a few select branches (multispeccing)
- Talent trees

Oh! Sorry for the redundant suggestion, I was under the impression that this it would be a skill tree to begin with? At least that makes sense to me

KabbyDankGod

Wiki Team
Wiki Team
Baron
Oh! Sorry for the redundant suggestion, I was under the impression that this it would be a skill tree to begin with? At least that makes sense to me

Well the skill tree is for picking the actual skills you pick but a talent tree for more passive effects and maybe a few actual skills, similar to how early wow talent trees worked